My hope is centered on you accepting my invitation to journey with me and assist me in this quest. As you consider my pondering, will you share with me your further insights, comments and challenges on the subject.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Looking in a Mirror at Peter and Me.....

Peter, you are as incorrigible as I am. I see myself in you so many ways. Witness to so many miracles and yet thinking you have to be in control of every situation. You blunder so beautifully. When you think you are in control you are out of control. Were you a slave to your reaction when you denied Christ? I weep with you Peter, for I have betrayed Christ too may times to condemn you. I weep with you.

One of the beautiful things about scripture is that the characters are so like us! Sometimes it's like looking in a mirror. Having just read a few lines about Peter's denial of Jesus, and that prompted the entrance in the journal. A few lines of God's Word is sometimes all we need.

Lord, when I look in the mirror of the Scripture, help me not forget what I see as I continue on my Pilgrimage.

No comments:

Post a Comment