My hope is centered on you accepting my invitation to journey with me and assist me in this quest. As you consider my pondering, will you share with me your further insights, comments and challenges on the subject.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Who Am I When No One's Looking?

    A little girl grew up in a small rural community where a handshake was your bond and you didn't have yards of paper work every time you made a decision..... but that was our world eighty some years ago.... 
today, It doesn't take much to realize honesty isn't valued in our society.  Yes, people talk about transparency in government and business. But in everyday life, a great number of folks still live as though deception is a necessary part of being human. I'm thinking about my own experience: how often have I justified stretching the truth for any number of reasons? Perhaps I wanted to avoid awkwardness of giving an honest feedback to a friend or colleague. Or maybe I wanted to cover up a bad decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment