My hope is centered on you accepting my invitation to journey with me and assist me in this quest. As you consider my pondering, will you share with me your further insights, comments and challenges on the subject.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

"I Am" (Redefining Yourself)

"I am not who I think I am.  I am not who you think I am.  I am who I think you think I think I am." (Robert
Schuller.)

Right or wrong, sometimes we define ourselves through other peoples eye's.  A Marti Grau mask that hangs on my wall often reminds me that I have observed myself and others hiding behind a mask.  Are we endeavoring to do what we think others expect and what will please them:

Why do we conceal or disguise our original or genuine self?  To gain approval?  Love?  Or culture? Are we people--pleasers?

I attempt to see each individual as the unique person who the Lord has given special gifts to accomplish the purpose for "being" and bringing His plans to fulfillment.

Why give the power He has given us away for lesser values?

I long to mature in God's purpose for me--to know who I Am.  There is power in our belief.

I smile when I remember Sophia Creamer.  In a Koinonia group discussion she disclosed that she and Roy had a major disagreement.  A college girl listened intently, and finally burst out, "Sophia, You are such a wonderful Christian lady, "How can you fight with your husband?"  Sophia, always her authentic self, replied, "Honey, It wasn't a fight.  It was a disagreement.  And besides, if we agree with each other all the time ... one of us would not be necessary."

I Am (Redefining My Self)

The "I" that is me----You can not see.
You see only the form that you think is me.
The form you see, will not always be;
But the "I" that is me ....lives Eternally!

Shouldn't we put into practice our true identification as the eternal experiencer
rather than the object of the experiencer?

Who Am I?
Acts17:28
In Him...I Live...I move...I have my being.
Therefore who Am I?
I am in God...in the great I Am.
I Am.
Thank you, Lord.
At last I know who I am.

I am a pilgrim and Truth Seeker,
Weaving my own pattern of wholeness in my journey-both in this
(earthly) life and to (Eternal) life.

Striving for Integrity,
     Virgene


4 comments:

  1. Weaving is a difficult skill to learn and it does not come without lots of mess ups..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you have started this blog.. It's wonderful..

    We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have come to know that no one truly can know another person. As you said, people see you one way, you see yourself another and yet neither picture is truly accurate. It's like trying to chase a patch of fog, once you grasp it in your hand you don't have the fog at all, you just need a towel. Is this because we can never remain in a single shape?

    ReplyDelete